Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thankful

I have to say that over the last week of so I have become so much more aware of God's great sight. What I mean to say by this is that he knew last Sunday would come as part of my life before I was born and He knew what I would need to move through Marty's memorial with grace and peace, before I even contemplated my friend's death. God is so faithful to provide for us just what we need BEFORE we need it. In the days leading up to Marty's death I heard numerous messages about suffering and grief. I sat through a class where the professor, "as just a side note", mentioned that the Psalms are wonderful tools for walking people through grief. I hear Rob Bell speak about embracing suffering as an art and a moment of growth in our lives....I could go on, conversations, people praying for me, hugs from friends. I can't begin to fathom God's great sight and love for me and for those who are around me. I am so thankful for the voices in my life, Ryan, Myron, my parents, Melody, Kathy, Nate, Jen, the girls at Starbucks who covered shifts....the list goes on. People threw their arms around me before I even knew I needed the hug(cause honestly as someone who hates to be touched-I don't ever think I need a hug!). I just wanted to write this to say I'm thankful, for God's thoughts toward me and all the friends and family who care for me even when I have nothing but tears to offer them. Remember today that God sees your tomorrows and He has a plan, it might not be yours but He's got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment