Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Start

Starting a blog....is anyone reading this? That is my first question, the second is does it really matter? Am I blogging for others or for myself? I think a bit of both. Honestly, if you read this and it brings encouragement, hope or a challenge then I'm glad. Hopefully this will be a place for me to share my thoughts, my not so deep musings on God, faith and this journey I'm on. I'm not to coolest girl in town nor the most gifted writer but I love to write and I hope that maybe my experiences written in a public forum will become crystallized for myself and others.
As for the title, Streams in Arches...its a reference to one of my favorite places in the U.S.: Arches National Park. On one particular road trip to Texas, I stopped at Arches and did some hiking, while driving through Arches I noticed a winding path of green through a massive canvas of desert brown. Being a Northwest girl at heart green is my favorite color and to see green as the color of life in a sea of dead tumbleweeds was refreshing. Yet the beauty of that winding green "stream" was not found only in the hope of life, it was really found in God's spirit speaking to me about how present He is in my life. He impressed on me the need to stay close to the "Life Source", much as the trees that were growing in the midst of Arches stayed close to the stream I am in need of Jesus. He is the vine, He is the way, the truth and the life....without Him I am nothing. So hopefully as I seek Him and record my life lessons on this road you and I will both be encouraged and challenged to stay close to Him.
Peace
Korista

2 comments:

  1. I always think a blog is a good idea. it is a great outlet. I miss you and i would love to hear your encouraging musings. :) Love you Korista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim! Thanks so much lady! How are you? thanks for reading, hopefully I will encourage you!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete