Friday, February 12, 2010

Oz

Whirlwind, I seriously think I am being caught up in one. We see funnel clouds on the news, we understand that Dorothy got caught up in one and she was swept away to a magical land with munchkins and witches (good and bad), talking lions, scarecrows with no brains(I actually know a few of these) and tin men with no hearts(I know WAY too many of these). Tornadoes strike fear in the heart of most, especially anyone who has lived in the southern US...but I have to say, when the winds pick up I always hope to be rushed to a better place. Oz really does seam exciting, scary but exciting none the less. Isn't that how change always makes us feel? Scared but excited, a little confused and really hopeful that we'll be swept away to a better land. In my own life, I crave change. CRAZY, you scream, INSANE, you think, GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT, you would say...but it's the truth. I avoid change as much as the next, but something inside me cries out for change, for something different, for more than status quo. I grew up moving around the country every 2-4 years and most of the time I HATED it, in fact fighting against the natural changes that came with uprooting our family and moving to a new station(my dad was in the Coast Guard) always caused more heartache for me. But now, I want it, I crave the radical change that comes with moving or starting a new project, I think it's because I don't want to be average, I long to be a "world changer" for lack of a better phrase and as over simplified as that is. I want the world around me to be better for me having been there. Well, I can't go to OZ but I can say, God let the whirlwind stir in me your hope and your love and don't leave me the same, change me! And a friendly word of advice, avoid the witches, embrace the cowardly lion, share your thoughts with the brainless scarecrows and most of all share your heart with the tin man, who knows you could be the whirlwind of change they need to compel them to a better place.
Korista

3 comments:

  1. If I only had a brain... nah, just kidding. Korista, I love the word pictures and the fact that you understand that one good sentence better than four. I can hear your voice in your writing, which is great. Rock On!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Korista! I totally know how you feel...I also love radical changes. Plus, great advice there at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete